Yoo Ah In officials suggest that his “needle phobia” led him to abuse propofol
According to new information from the actors Yo ah in Propofol is often given despite warnings from healthcare professionals.
On March 2nd, a report by GB He claimed a dermatology clinic in Seocho-gu confirmed that Yoo Ah In received treatment there in 2021, but gave no further details other than clarifying that they don’t just numb patients’ skin when they’re in pain.
In 2021 alone, the actor administered Propofol 73 times, totaling 4,497 ml. He visited various hospitals in Seoul to access this amount of medication. Police suspect he was exaggerating his pain in order to get propofol anesthesia.
Media reveal Yoo Ah injected Propofol 73 times in one year
Medical staff at the clinics reportedly tried to stop Yoo Ah In from taking excessive amounts of propofol. A medical professional even texted him personally, warning him not to get sedated as often and not to change hospitals too often.
Medical staff are also concerned about the frequent administration of propofol.
– MBC press office
medical staff: You shouldn’t be too stunned.
Medical staff: You don’t have to change hospitals.
– MBC press office
A rep for the actor’s side responded to the reports that Yoo Ah In suffered from a needle phobia that led him to request anesthesia during the procedure.
She has a needle phobia because she has a skin condition and has therefore requested anesthesia for the treatments.
— Yoo Ah In manager
But that statement did little to sway public opinion about Yoo Ah In’s drug addiction. It was recently revealed that the actor has abused four different types of drugs, including propofol, marijuana, cocaine and ketamine. Netizens have pointed out that his needle phobia is a weak excuse for abusing propofol, and doesn’t even explain the other drugs in his system.
- They want us to believe that a drug addict has a needle phobia… ㅎㅎㅎ
- “Sure, the apology for propofol in treating his skin condition makes sense, but how do you explain cocaine, marijuana and ketamine? It’s not shielded…”
- “He’s been silent the whole time just to explain ‘needle phobia’… I’m pretty sure the anesthesia is administered with a needle. I’ve always thought of her as a confident and honest person, so it’s disappointing that this is the best excuse she can come up with. Do you think we’re fools? It would have been better if he had made that point clear… He’s a coward after all. So disappointed in him…”
- “So you’re just afraid of a few needles?” Not all? Because anesthesia is also done with a needle… Your excuse is not very well thought out, tsk tsk.
- “What’s your excuse for smoking weed?” Cigarette phobia?
- “He’s been clean ever since his cocaine affair came to light. All excuses are useless now.”