Will BLACKPINK members renew their contracts with YG? Internet users discuss
As every year, some Idol contracts, which usually run for 7 years, come to an end. As a result, there is a risk for certain groups of losing members, changing labels or even separating for good.
Surely the group that all eyes are on this year is BLACKPINK, whose contract is expiring.
Recently rumors surfaced that the band would be signing to The Black Label. Yg replied that the girls’ contracts had not yet expired.
Also on 23.01. a report by Munhwa Ilbo media announced that Lisa will be offered KRW 100 billion to switch labels, while YG Entertainment can only offer about KRW 20 billion per member. This could therefore jeopardize the future of the group with YG.
Amidst all the rumors surrounding BLACKPINK, netizens have sparked a debate in a popular online community about the group’s contract renewal.
Some of the most popular comments are:
- “I have the impression that they will extend their contracts. If you also look at their touring plans for this year, they already seem determined to innovate.”
- “I feel like YG is too small to handle BLACKPINK. I wish they would focus on promotions in the US.”
- “I think the members will keep the group going”
- “I think they will innovate, but I want them to move to better companies.”
- “I’m not a fan but I can see the members have a deep affection for the group so they don’t break up.”
- “I really think they will extend the contract”
- “I want them to stay as a team somehow. It doesn’t matter if they don’t renew their contract with YG Entertainment.”
- “Shouldn’t they match Teddy’s label?” »
- “I wish they could renew because I want to see BLACKPINK together for a long time”
- “There is no reason for them not to renew”
- “YG will do their best to keep the group, so I think they will extend the contract. ”
What do you think ?