Football: Accused of rape, Daniel Alves changes his take on the facts

Football: Accused of rape, Daniel Alves changes his take on the facts

Daniel Alves, accused of raping a 23-year-old woman, changed his version of the facts after being confronted with video surveillance of the nightclub where he allegedly abused the complainant, according to the Spanish and Brazilian press.

Version change for Daniel Alves. The Brazilian player, who was accused of rape by a 23-year-old young woman, would have reconsidered his initial statements and admitted having had sex with her while denying the charges. At first, the defense attorney denied knowing the alleged victim. But given the video surveillance of the Barcelona nightclub where the crime allegedly took place on December 30, he changed the version twice, according to Globo.

Finally, while appearing in the pictures accompanied by the young woman, he admitted to having seen her without anything happening, before admitting to having had sex with her a few hours later. However, according to him, they were granted.

According to Brazilian media, video surveillance shows Daniel Alves entering the toilets of the establishment with the young lady at around 4:30 a.m. She would have come out 14 minutes later, followed two minutes later by the Brazil international, who would have rushed to leave the scene. The young woman, for her part, would have alerted the nightclub managers, who called the police.

He is said to have followed the alleged victim to the toilet

According to her statement, which was distributed by several Spanish media, she is said to have danced with Daniel Alves in the evening before he followed her to the toilets, where he blocked her. Then he is said to have forced her to sit on him and then have oral sex with him. But that’s not all. Despite his resistance, he would have penetrated to the point of ejaculation. She would also have confided that he would have offered her financial compensation, which she would have refused to let the judiciary do its work.

In custody without bail since Friday, Daniel Alves spent his first two nights in prison, which he experienced very badly. He spoke very little and found it difficult to support himself. Very affected by this situation, his wife asked to respect his private life while his mother passed away recently. “I ask the media placed in front of my house to respect my privacy at this time. My mother passed away a week ago. I’m just beginning to get used to the idea that she’s not there to agonize over my husband’s situation anymore. I lost the only two pillars of my life,” Joana Sanz wrote on her Instagram account.

See also  Cat cut in half by a TGV in Paris: the controversy swells