Fans debate two interpretations of scene between Ha Do Young and Moon Dong Eun in ‘The Glory’
Part 2 of The Glory has finally been released and fans are excited to finally find out if Moon Dong Eun got his well-deserved revenge.
But another point, although not central, caught viewers’ attention.
As we know, Joo Yeo Jeong is Moon Dong Eun’s mad doctor who decided to be his “executor”.
However, many fans love the chemistry between Dong Eun and Ha Do Young, Park Yeon Jin’s husband. A scene caused the online debate.
During a harrowing scene in Season 2, Ha Do Young searches for Dong Eun after finding out the truth about his wife.
Ha Do-yeong, now Moon-dong decided to stay next to Park Yeon-jin to create a reason to see him? under… The stimulation of Do Young-dong knows no end pic.twitter.com/UrLm3GyaAZ
— Jjojjangi~ (@j0ggin) March 10, 2023
Dong Eun: “See, I was hoping nobody would stay with Yeon Jin. Especially not her husband. »
Do Young: “Why? »
Dong Eun: Because I think you are the glory of Yeonjin, Mr. Ha. I want you to be the ruins of Yeonjin instead. »
Do Young: “Despite such a plan, you have not been very active. Not as aggressive as I had imagined. I will not leave Yeonjin. »
Dong Eun: “Why? »
Do Young: “I don’t know. I hate to say I don’t know, but I still don’t know. I just realized that I will not leave Yeonjin. So let’s meet. »
This scene has sparked debate in online communities as fans believe there are two possible interpretations of Ha Do Young’s words.
interpretation 1 : He wants to remain Park Yeon Jin’s husband so that he can continue seeing Moon Dong Eun. For what ? Because he loves her.
interpretation 2 : He’s realized that he’s still kind of attached to Park Yeon Jin, and he doesn’t want to let him go after so many years of marriage.
Netizens gave their opinion:
- “I think it’s definitely the first. If you remember what Joo Yeo Jeong said when Do Young’s divorce article came out, you can say that Ha Do Young loved Dong Eun. Although at the end of the scene above you also notice him swallowing his saliva. »
- ” 1 “
- ” 1 “
- “‘You weren’t very proactive.’ Didn’t he mean by that line that he hoped Dong Eun would proactively reach out to him? It’s more of a confession. I think it’s absolutely the first option so I’m confused as to how some think it’s the second. »
- ” 1 “
- “Because he knows this is a woman who will never see him again after she gets what she wants from him … He knows this is a woman who is just going to go anywhere, so that doesn’t mean that.” he wants to try to maintain the status quo now just to keep seeing her? »
- “He was married to Yeon Jin for 10 years, that’s quite something. He is a man of honour. I think he wanted to try as hard as he could, but when he found out about the murders he changed his mind.”
- “I don’t know… does he love Dong Eun that easily?” »
What do you think ?