Chaewon from LE SSERAFIM in a relationship with a rapper? The agency reacts and the netizens react
Rumors about celebrity relationships are mostly false, but that can be a problem when they’re created by the media.
On Jan. 18, Japanese media outlet Shukan Bunshun, which can be compared to Dispatch in South Korea, announced that LE SSERAFIM’s Chaewon was in a relationship with a former rapper, A, and shared a photo as evidence.
On the same day, a representative of LE SSERAFIM’s Source Music agency said: “Kim Chaewon’s relationship rumors aren’t true. », put an end to these rumours.
In addition, many fans quickly proved the photo was fake by comparing it to another photo of Chaewon and his colleague Sakura.
Weekly synthesis of Munchun Kim Chae-won, right? pic.twitter.com/GxNAliac7V
— Chit (@0502ha_ha) January 18, 2023
Shortly after the article was published and HYBE issued a statement, the former rapper in the photo denied the allegations.
Rapper A: “That’s really not true. »
Netizen: “But they said they were posting 7 pics an hour. »
Rapper A: “Who did it? The photo has been edited. »
Netizen: “I think the article said it. eh? Is it edited? »
Rapper A: “Yeah, I’m just a regular fan. This is Japan, so…”
Netizen: “It’s crazy. So you agree they are wrong? »
Rapper A: “It’s not like I can contact anyone. »
Korean netizens slammed the Japanese outlet, scoffing at the dating claims. Many said they were ashamed of the outlet, whose article has now gone viral around the world.
- “I am so ashamed of her. »
- “Did they make all this fuss about fake edited photos? If it were me, I’d close the shop out of resentment. »
- “(Chaewon) should sue her for damages. Go! »
- “What a pity. What are they doing with the retouched photos? LOL. Are they trying to be funny? »
- “WTF does Shukan Bunshun? I was so nervous that a reveal photo might be posted, but it’s just an edited selfie. wow lol I’m speechless. »
- « WTF, LOL. »
- “Wow, is that edited? LOL, are they trying to be funny? lol »
What do you think ?