4 Kdramas couples who have been criticized for their age difference
Romance is always appreciated in kdramas in general, and couples usually get praise for their looks and chemistry.
However, more and more kdramas are delving into mature storylines, more importantly, age-gap romances between the main characters.
While some couples break through the screen despite their age difference, some viewers don’t like that kind of romance.
Some Kdramas couples have even caused controversy because of their big age difference. Let’s see 4 of these couples together.
At one point in Eve, the character of 28-year-old Seo Ye Ji seduces the character of 41-year-old Park Byung Eun.
Many netizens shared their shock at the 13-year age difference.
- “More shocking than the bed scene is the age difference. »
- “The age difference really … I don’t like the fact that a 40-year-old guy likes a girl in his 20s. »
While others pointed out that the drama’s premise revolved around revenge, telling a story of “toxic love” that made “the age difference.” [semble] suitable “.
- “The age difference seems appropriate as this is a successful man who falls in love with beauty. »
- Twenty-five twenty-one
Although many viewers were blown away by the romance between Kim Tae Ri and Nam Joo Hyuk’s character, other viewers were bothered by their age difference as Na Hee Do was 18 and Baek Yi Jin was 22. at their first meeting.
Many viewers would have preferred the two to have a platonic relationship when Kim Tae Ri’s character was a minor.
However, many viewers expressed their frustration when the kdrama prompted Baek Yi Jin to confess his feelings to Na Hee Do when she was underage.
- Crash course in romance
As far as this kdrama goes, both were middle-aged adults, which bothered some viewers the most, what they called a lack of chemistry.
Actors Jung Kyung Ho and Jeon Do Yeon share a ten-year age difference that some say influenced kdrama.
You can read comments like:
- “In the scene where Jung Kyung Ho and Jeon Do Yeon take a walk after dinner, Jeon Do Yeon’s snug undershirt and hairdo + vest reminded me of an aunt walking with her nephew, or a boarding house owner and her little tenant . »
- “Why does it piss me off when I see those two? For what? Sigh. I’m not a fan of Jung Kyung Ho and I like both actors so why? »
- “I didn’t bother to watch the kdrama because they both lacked physical chemistry. »
But many netizens also defended the pair, saying their chemistry is good and they “couldn’t feel their age difference.”
- “I think their chemistry is very good. Jeon Do Yeon is over fifty years old, but she plays well, so I like her. »
- “The two are a good match… Their attraction isn’t based on looks or age, it’s based on a subconscious. A man who has everything can be attracted to women’s whims.
- “I found it really funny. Jung Kyung Ho is such a good actor. The last line of the trailer is really cheesy, but it pulls it off well. »
- “I didn’t think (their chemistry) was funny. »
- “I saw the kdrama without knowing it and thought it was funny. »
- “I couldn’t feel their age difference. They look good together. »
- the glory
The Glory mainly focuses on getting revenge on Moon Dong Eun, who was bullied in high school, but even amidst dark themes, the KDrama establishes a romantic relationship between Song Hye Kyo and Lee Do Hyun’s characters.
However, some viewers have had a mixed reaction to the age gap between the two actors, who are 14 years apart. A message in a popular online community drew attention to the age difference, with the netizen saying he was embarrassed.
But many netizens were quick to point out the misogyny in the post, as the criticism is never mentioned when a male actor is starring alongside young actresses.
- “Aren’t there many examples where the men are older? »
- “They only do stuff like that about Song Hye Kyo, LOL. While praising male actors who cheat on their wives for making romantic k-dramas with actresses 20, 17 years their junior. »
- “Although the K-Drama isn’t a romance, wasn’t there a complex emotional connection between them? Although The Glory forces romance at the end, they also had a complex emotional relationship in Part 1. Whenever the woman is older, people feel uncomfortable with that. »
- “Although there is an age issue, I think it was more bizarre because they have different images. Song Hye Kyo is a classic beauty with strong features, while Lee Do Hyun has softer features and is the type of boy popular these days. »
- “Do a male version too. »
What do you think?